Friday, February 8, 2008

Baked Apples




As I am writting more and more about my daily cooking, I realize how I am still connected to my childhood and my mother's dishes.
I was gifted having a mother dedicated to her family, her house, her garden, and her cooking. Even if today, I am not good with flowers and plants, neither with sewing a button I got her love for cooking!
Yes my cooking is related to my past but I am growing up too so I can be adventurous in my kitchen things that I notice few people want to try. They follow the recipes steps by steps. I never do that or only for baking.
Today I baked Apples, Pommes au four. My mother used to cook them in a traditional way for wednesday lunch ( at this time there was not school on Wednesday) and sometimes for dinner desserts. Apples were baked in the oven with a little touch of butter and jam.
The ones I baked today were small, but organic called "Fancy Gala", they were organic from my Farmer's market.

- 1 cup Californian blond raisins
- 2 TBS brown sugar
- 1tsp cinnamon
- 1 tsp cardamon pwder
- 2TBS Quince jelly
- 4 gala, cored & cut off the top ( as a little hat)
- sliced almonds (optional)

Prehaet the oven to 350 o. Toss the raisins, and spices, add the brown sugar. Place the apples on a baking sheet and press the raisins mixture into centers, add the jelly or jam.
Bake for 45 minutes, or until the apples are slightly soft.

You can add some mascarpone-honey on the side if you want. The marriage between warm apples and cream/ mascarpone is delicious!

No comments: