Wednesday, September 24, 2008

Stuffed Organic Zucchinis





I love zucchinis. I love most of Summer vegetables, but Zuchinis are light and delicious. We use a lot of zuchinis in my family's recipes. From sauteed in Olive oil, then topping with creme fraiche and swiss cheese! or stuffed with crumbled eggs with tomatoes and peppers... recipes are from my mom.
In my fridge I always have Ricotta cheese, I use it for savory or sweet recipes. It gives a moist, sweet and delicious texture. Last evening I had only 15 minutes to prepare them before heading to the local library.

Stuffed Zuchinis

- 5 small Organic zucchinis
- 2 thin slice of cooked ham or prosciutto ( I tried with Salmon and it was delicious too!)
- 3 cups Ricotta cheese ( I got mine at TJ's)
- salt
- Pepper
- 3 cheese shedded
- Mint
1 small onion, cut in small pieces
- 1 garlic clove pressed
- 1 Egg Yolk


Clean your zuchinis. Cut them in half and empty the inside with a small spoon, put aside ( the inside you just took off) and sauted with olive oil, onion, garlic.
When cooked, put in a blender add the ham and blend together until you obtain a smooth constitancy. Add salt and pepper.
Mix together the mixture with riccotta and egg yolk. Adjust seasonning.
Stuff the zucchinis with it. Top with shrinded cheese and mint.

Preheat your oven at 375 F. Cook the zuchinis until tender between 25 - 35 minutes.

Delicous with a Frisee salad, bacon bits , homemade croutons and a warm-vinaigrette.

Bon Appetit!

1 comment:

Laurie said...

I haven't stuffed zucchini in such a long time.. this is great!