Thursday, March 12, 2009

ARV IDYLL

I can hear you asking in front of your computer" What's that???Arv Idyll I can't even say it. Is is a new recipe from Celine's Cuisine?
No I am not going to share a recipe today only some thoughts about my Ikea's China...

When it comes to china, plates, bowls, glasses and any accessories for my Kitchen this is hard to resist from Ikea’s Stores. I try not going to much because every time I go, I pick things I am not even sure I need but I love Ikea and the Scandinavian Atmosphere. Once, I stepped into their stire I am like Alice in Wonderland, I do not know if this is the smell of their Swedish meatballs or their Cramberries.....In my former life I am sure I lived in Sweeden, on a little island, surrounded by trees, wood , living in a small little white cottage. Everything inside is white too, the wooden floor, the table....Yes I love the Scandinavian Way of life ( the Good way because some people think that they drink and smoke too much) , a respect for the earth and nature, a simple, natural life, they ride bikes, they eat healthy, they have cozy homes for harsh winters, I like their decoration the old and the new style. And of my favorite Blog is still chez Larsson that I consult on a daily basis.


Today I wanted to share with you my daily China: Cream and Dark Blue, prefect for my little cottage... Bowls, Plates and soup plates.. so lovely on my wooden kitchen table with candles, linen napkins, raffia caraffe....
My pictures may look not warm and even little austere but my table setting is always warm and even funny ( forks placed on the wrong side...something is alays missing...). Our meals are always fun and active we play " I spy" with the kids while eating, we play spelling names, we play with colors and shapes of food...
We do not use plastic plates or fork and not paper napkin... never even for pinic I bring sometimes heavy stuff but lately I noticed Bamboo picnic plates and forks..another post soon!

What is your Daily China?




My Daily China ARV IDYLL at Ikea


4 comments:

Laurie said...

Where is an Ikea close to us? I need bowls.. that match! :)

Celine's Cuisine said...

Laurie.... San Diego... oh you have you have to go!

Dewi said...

Very beautiful china indeed. Ikea sounds like a perfect place to look for such a cool design.
Cheers,
elra

Anonymous said...

Unfortunately, this beautiful pattern is out of stock every where, which makes my heart cry as my son has broken some of my bowls... :( And it seems, it is not coming back! I would have liked to have the coffee cups w/ saucers, but they went away before the Ikea in my home town opened :( If you want to get your china the Swedish way, buy everything in sets of 12, as this is the standard, how do I know this, born and brought up in Sweden! Deep dark, farytale forests, wide open fields of every grain there is, serene lakes with mist hanging over the tiny islands... Sweden is truly a beautiful country, with as beautiful traditions!