Monday, June 23, 2008

Surprise Inside!






Last Friday I discovered at TJ's some Stuffing Portabellas in their vegetables section. I did not know yet what I would do with them.
Once I arrived at home, I checked what I had in my fridge and my pantry. I had some Boursin French Cheese, Cream cheese. From the pantry I had golden raisins and walnuts. From the garden all variety of fresh herbs but the Cilantro was in my opinion the most appropriate and yes it was.

Spray some Olive Oil on a cooking sheet. In a large bowl mix the Boursin, the cream cheese ( at room temperature), add some Cilantro cut very small, add the walnuts, and the raisin.
Clean up your mushroms and pat them dry. Remove the stem if some. sprinkle some sea salt and fresh pepper in it. Then with a spoon fill the mushrooms cups with the mixture cheese/nuts/ raisins/ herbs.
Cook it in oven ( 350 F) for 15 -20 minutes until you see the mushroom cooked and the mixture nice and soft.
I served them with some Mesclun from my Vegetables garden and it was a such wonderful surprise. The cheese, the full flavor od fresh herbs, the sweetness of the raisins and the crunchy of the nuts was really wonderful and delicate in your mouth.
It was a wonderful Appetizers, light and delicate!

No comments: