This is the way we do it in France. We do not use "mixture" from a box adding only water. No, we use real Free Range eggs, real organic flour, whole creamy milk...we cook from A to Z.
At almost 3, my kids know how to bake a cake, they know how to mix eggs with flour.
Most of French food is GMO free. Because items are well labeled, and actually this is the law. You know if you food contains GMO or not. In the U.S.A, this is not mandatory. Only Organic food is GMO free.
My endless search for healthy, natural cooking leaded me to Organic Olive Oil Cooking.
Here is one of my favorite sweet recipe:Olive Oil, Honey and Pine Nuts Cake
3 eggs 2-1/2 cups granulated sugar 1-1/2 cups extra-virgin olive oil 1-1/2 cups milk 1 cup pine nuts
1 cup honey 2 cups unbleached all-purpose flour 1/2-tsp. baking powder 1/2-tsp. baking soda pinch of salt confectioners' sugar for dusting
1 cup honey
1 cup olive oil
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
2. Butter and flour 12-inch cake pan.
3. In a large bowl, whisk together the eggs and granulated sugar until blended.
4. Add the olive oil, milk , pine nuts, and honey and mix well.
5. In another bowl, stir together the flour, baking powder, baking soda and salt.
6. Add to the egg mixture, stirring until just blended. Do not overmix.
7. Pour the batter into the prepared pan.
8. Bake until a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean, 50 to 55 minutes.
9. Pour on the still yet cake olive oil and honey
10. Remove to a wire rack to cool completely.
11. Loosen the sides with a knife and invert onto a serving plate.